Dope Sex: Getting High While Getting It On
Cannabis is a natural medicinal plant with two primary classifications— Indica and Sativa. Hemp and Marijuana are both derived from the Cannabis Sativa family and while they look similar, they have distinct differences. The cannabis plant contains roughly 100 cannabinoids, which are its active components. The most dominant and well know of which are: THC and CBD.
THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) is the chemical in weed that gets you high, light-headed and giddy. It can be smoked, eaten in foods known as “edibles”, inhaled by vape or consumed as an oil. The THC goes from your bloodstream to your brain– stimulating special receptors to release dopamine. That release sends signals to nerve cells throughout your body making the user feel high (psychotropic effects). Marijuana contains approximately 15-40% THC and is primarily used for recreational (and medicinal) purposes.
But not all cannabis will get you high. The other chemical found in marijuana is CBD- THC’s intellectual cousin. For people who want some of the benefits of weed without the psychoactive effects of marijuana, CBD (Cannabidiol) is right on point. CBD promotes calm and relaxation and also works as an anti-inflammatory agent. CBD products have no psychoactive effects. You get all the relaxation properties without being stoned.
THC and CBD are used for a variety of products from food to spa products to intimate beauty products and sensual aids. In fact, cannabis-infused products have gone from highly niche to highly on trend, and is now a multimillion-dollar industry. Once defiantly naughty, now inescapably chic, Cannabis use is more mainstream than ever, weed-infused sensual aids are on the rise.
Many people report better sex and longer-lasting orgasms while stoned. THC and CBD can really elevate your sex life. THC and CBD are known to enhance sensitivity and orgasmic pleasure for those seeking more intense and longer-lasting orgasms. For men who suffer from stress or performance anxiety in the bedroom, CBD alleviates anxiety (a major contributor to erectile dysfunction). CBD also elevates mood and makes you feel less inhibited and more spontaneous and adventurous. When used in sensual aids, Cannabidiol allows you to be more in the moment– out of your head and into your body.
But what about those who don’t want to get high, don’t smoke and edibles aren’t their thing? Fret not, there are many ways for you to get your fix. THC free, CBD infused sensual aids can prime you for the best sex ever. Yep, you can turn up before you turn in for the night.
Here are just a few of the ways you can incorporate the benefits of CBD into your intimate lifestyle:
TOPICALS: Massage oils and lubes fall into a category called topicals. Topicals are oils, lotions and balms infused with cannabinoids that are applied to the skin (or rubbed on a woman’s lady parts before getting intimate.) allowing the CB1 & CB2 receptors located within the skin to gratefully absorb their goodness.
- Massage Oils– What do you get when you combine CBD with combined with like-minded botanicals? Something really great! CBD is used to reduce chronic pain and inflammation and is the perfect accompaniment to massage treatments. When cannabis oil is combined with elegant, wildcrafted aphrodisiac botanical oils, the combination is pure magic! You can benefit both from the relaxing and invigorating effects of a massage with the medicinal pain and discomfort relieving effects of CBD.
- Intimate Lubes– Weed lubes are applied either to the surface of or inside the vagina. The CBD works with your body’s natural systems to create potent “therapeutic aphrodisiac” effects— increasing arousal, promoting more of your own natural lubrication, and heightening tactile sensation — making orgasms fuller, more intense, or easier to access. They are also awesome for those who suffer sensitivities and pain during sex and leads to easier, and more pleasurable intercourse. Just make sure that the product you choose is compatible with all safer sex supplies and toys. Water-based lubes have the broadest range of possibilities.
BATH SOAKS: Create a euphoric environment for intimacy by dropping in some mind unwinding CBD infused bath salts or a bath bomb. Then slip into the silky water of your tub, and let the cramps, tension, aches and pain melt away.
- Bombs– Bath bombs both provide a bubbly effervescence and leaves hair and skin feeling soothed and nourished. A CBD bath encourages mood upliftment and promotes a state of deep relaxation.
- Salts– Most bath soaks contain Epsom salts which are loaded with mineral-rich healing compounds that have strong detoxifying properties. When CBD infused nourishing oils are coupled with therapeutic grade essential oils and botanicals, the results- wowzah.
SUPPOSITORIES: Vaginal Suppositories work locally, delivering the soothing benefits of cannabidiol directly to the area that needs it most. Once inserted, they decrease local muscular tension, inflammation, enhance blood flow and decrease pain signaling. We recommend those made with pesticide-free, organically farmed ingredients like coconut oil and cocoa butter.
SUPPLEMENTS: Unwind tension, brighten your outlook, and support overall wellness with an all-natural tonic or tincture rich in broad-spectrum CBD- hemp extract. CBD is naturally clarifying, helping to unwind tension & discomfort while enhancing your sense of well-being & resilience. All without the psychoactive effects of THC.
- Tinctures– Are concentrated extracts. Made from a solution of alcohol or alcohol and water, along with the plant that you’re using for medicinal benefits. Tinctures promote health and healing through their anti-inflammatory properties while delivering relief from stress, anxiety, or depression. Use sublingually or add to your favorite beverage.
- Tonics– The term tonic refers to the feeling an herb promotes in the body. Tonics are designed to be taken orally, rubbed into sore muscles and aching joints, or applied by both men and women to enhance sensual pleasure. They are made by soaking herbs in water, apple cider vinegar, broth, wine, honey or glycerine. A daily dose of this superfood helps bring overall wellness to the body.