There are lots of songs about doing it all night long or getting it in till dawn but did you know that half of men orgasm in less than 2 minutes and the average sex session lasts an average of 6 minutes? Oy vey! This phenomenon is commonly known as Premature Ejaculation or (P.E.)
Don’t get us wrong, there are times when quickies can be awesome, but when things have been building up all night, then find yourself in the throes of passion, and all of a sudden it’s over before it even began.
There are few things more disappointing than getting into the bedroom, heating things up with foreplay, and then as soon as he enters you… he’s finished. Not only is this awkward for both parties involved but can feel especially embarrassing for a guy.
What premature ejaculation, means to people varies from climaxing before the penis makes physical contact to climaxing before the woman has the chance to. P.E. is pretty common but is a common problem doesn’t make it suck less when you’re on the receiving end of getting short-changed out of your orgasm.
While it’s definitely No Bueno, it doesn’t have to be a deal breaker. It’s actually quite common so, there’s no need to freak out.
If your sex sessions are lackluster, here are our lucky 7 tips on ways to increase the time you spend lovemaking, taking your sex sessions from a 100-yard dash to a tantric tango:
1. Tackle sexual issues as a team. Be careful of saying things that might make your partner feel effed up. Try to show your support without being insensitive.
2. Use a condom… (You should be using them anyway unless you’re in a monogamous situation.) Extra-thick rubbers that act like a slip-on desensitizer for your/his member during sex and these can help to avoid premature ejaculation and prolong the pleasure for both of you.
3. Use desensitizing gel or spray to help delay orgasm… remember to use under a condom so it affects his penis and not her hoo-ha.
4. Practice more… This means having more sex. It may just be a matter of sexual endurance conditioning… just like going to the gym.
5. Don’t go out there with a “loaded gun.” Get off on your own before you hook up. Ejaculating an hour or two beforehand makes it harder for a man to come as quickly.
6. Try the stop-start method: When he’s about to orgasm, stop the stimulation for a short period of time. When arousal level subsides, resume, repeating the cycle a few times before he’s brought to orgasm.
7. Of course… Toys, Toys, Toys! Use them as part of foreplay to extend the sex session. Consider using a vibrating Penis Ring (aka Couples Ring) for his and her pleasure. A vibrating penis ring keeps the penis harder and bigger for longer and stimulates her clitoris while you enjoy face-to-face pleasure— an amazing sex toy for couples. Knowing she’s enjoyed an orgasm may relieve some of the pressure you’re feeling to last longer in bed.